- OS X Lion or later
- release notes
CotEditor is a lightweight plain-text editor for OS X with the following major features:
- just for OS X
- CotEditor is exactly made for OS X. It behaves just like OS X softwares should be. And it is also aesthetic clean and nice.
- syntax coloring
- Colorize 26 pre-installed major languages like HTML, PHP, Python, Ruby or Markdown. You can also create your own settings.
- powerful find and replace
- Super powerful find and replace using OgreKit framework. Regular expression search is of course supported.
- rapid launch
- CotEditor launches so quick that you can write your text immediately when you want to.
- outline menu
- Extract specified lines with the predefined syntax and you can jump to the corresponding line.
- glyph inspector
- Inspect unicode character data of each selected glyph in your document and display them in a popover.
- split view
- Split a window into multiple panes to see different parts of your document at the same time.
- Make your own macro in your favorite language, whether it is Python, Ruby, Perl, PHP, UNIX shell or AppleScript.
- incompatible characters
- Check and list-up the characters in your document that cannot be converted into the desired encoding.
- CJK language friendly
- Estimate various file encodings accurately and handle its line height correctly.
We welcome feedbacks ♥︎
Please don't hesitate to report any bugs or feature requests to our issue tracker.